The MindCare Dementia Skills team is offering a free dementia course to anyone living or working in the London Borough of Bromley. The course is for anyone living or working in Bromley who has an interest in dementia and is not receiving other MindCare training as family carers or Extra Care Housing staff.
The Understanding Dementia course covers:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
This course will run 6 times until July 2018.
For course details and booking information, please go to the MindCare Dementia Support website.